We all know the popularity of Dr. Seuss among children. He was a well-known author and American writer of some famous children’s’ books.
Know Dr Seuss
Theodor Seuss Geisel, (pseudo name Dr. Seuss) was born on March 2, 1904 in Massachusetts, United States. Some of His famous books are Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, Horton Hears a Who!, If I Ran the Zoo , and And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street.
On his birthday, every year National Read across America Day is commemorated. It is a program started by National Education Association on reading.
Things to do to celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
- Visit Seussville website to play online games
- Children can play hat toss game and cat, cat, hat. To know more about these games visit seussville.com/seussentennial/pdf/hattoss.pdf &
- Read Dr. Seuss’ books
- Visit Dr. Seuss National Memorial in Springfield, Massachusetts.
Crafts & Activities to Do On Dr. Seuss’ Birthday By Momendeavors
Here is the some of the activities and the crafts that are given by Sara:
- Seuss Style Tot Trays – Something To Offer
- Oh the Places you will Go Art Project –Buggie and Jellbean
- Lorax Mustache Match on No Time for Flashcards
- Do It Yourself Dr. Seuss Inspired Reading Chart
- Seuss Shapes Activity
- Seuss Inspired Rhyming Game –Sweet Rose Studio
- Ride a Wump Craft –Kitchen Counter Chronicles
- Hop on Pop Numbered Balloon Game – Toddler Approved
- Cat in the Hat Paper Plate Craft –There’s Just One Mommy
- Fox in Sox Sock Puppet –JDaniel4’s Mom
- Seuss Magnets –Just Paint It
- Do It Yourself Seuss Themed I-Spy Bag –The Artful Child
- Seuss-inspired Lego fun –Make, Do & Friend
- Do It Yourself Cat in the Hat Hair Clips – Fancy Frugal Life
Want to know more about activities and crafts to do on Dr Seuss birthday. Visit Momendeavors post about Dr Seuss craft & other activities.